Sunday, January 28, 2007

National Liars’ Hall of Fame Dedicates Wing to Wilson

Roger Welsch, curator of the National Liars’ Hall of Fame (NLHF), announced the Hall’s intention to build an entire wing dedicated to Douglas Wilson, pastor of Christ Church, Moscow. “Let’s face,” Welsch said, “when it comes to prevaricating, he’s the best!”

Welsch said they have not decided on a formal name for the special wing, however he believes that calling it “The Doug Wilson Wing of Whoppers” basically sums it up. Welsch founded the NLHF in 1990, instituting it in Dannebrog, Nebraska.

Douglas Wilson responded to the national honor, saying, “I’ve known for a long time that my deceit is way past the Pinocchio stuff. I lie to my denomination, my congregation, my elders, my family, as well as the media. I could be lying right now and you’d never know it! But seriously, I’ve lied so much that there’s no one left to lie to. So I reckon this tribute a down-payment on my eternal reward and the just compensation for a life-long ministry dedicated to mendacity.”

Hits per second